Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Eats Shoots & Leaves
Saturday, July 24, 2004
Last night I finished reading Eats Shoots & Leaves, "The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation," a humorous romp through the full stop, the round bracket, and their punctuation pals: they make the written word understandable. "Full stop" is what Brits call a period; "round brackets" are parentheses. I hope you're noticing the tricky punctuation in this post -- the book is chock-full of this sort of nonsense.

Don't get me wrong; I thoroughly enjoy the author's wit, which is considerable. And I feel okay starting a sentence with and. But I fear this one's going to fade from memory: I didn't highlight a single sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California