Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Workflow Symposium D-1
Saturday, October 09, 2004

Workflow Learning Symposium activities start for me early tomorrow afternoon. Good thing I've only got about thirty hours of work to do before I'm prepared. Ah, life as a high-wire act.

Actually, I am confident everything will turn out fine. Take great people, give them leeway to do their stuff, share your high expectations, and things magically take care of themselves. Check out this line-up. We have an astounding group of folks. More than that, it's not the old one-session, one-leader claptrap. We will be darting in and out of one another's sessions and the Workflow Pavilion, building on one another's experience.


Monday

8:30 -9:30

Welcome to the Community

Jay Cross

Eileen Clegg

Tony O’Driscoll

John Kelly

9:45 -10:45 (Keynote)

Debut of Workflow Learning

Gloria Gery

Jay Cross

2:00 – 3:30

Workflow Learning Roadmap

Brad Cooper

Tuesday

9:45 -11:00

Understanding Workflow Learning

Burt Huber

Trace Urdan

Wednesday 8:00 - 9:00

Human Side of On Demand Learning

James Sharpe

2:00 - 3:00

Designing Workflow Learning

Harvey Singh

Kevin Tsurutome

3:15 - 4:15

Reinventing Learning

Jay Cross

Clark Quinn

Hal Christensen



Unlike most conferences I attend, we've thought about process as well as content. John Kelly is facilitator, focusing on group process. Eileen Clegg is our visual journalist, and we plan to encourage reflection, not just visual entertainment. Ted Cocheu is our video director, leading us into experiments with "CLO on the street" interviews and other goodies. There's more, but you'll see in on the web, if not in person, so I won't be the spoiler.

There is a wild card. Naturellement. I’ve had laryngitis for the better part of this week. I’ve taken lots of pills and gargled gallons of salt water. I haven’t spoken aloud for a couple of days. My voice is still on vacation, and I play it’s almost ready to return home. I’ve lost hearing in my right ear. I feel like shit.

I can make it through the keynote on adrenalin alone, but the other sessions are anyone’s guess. I can always do my part in mime.

By the way, my doctor says my illness is bacterial. I don’t need attaboys. I need friends who will shut me up when I try to yap about things. Pals who will literally take the words out of my mouth and verbalize "What would Jay say?"


I don't expect to do much blogging until I come up for air on Friday.


1 Comments:

Blogger Harold Jarche said...

Hang in there Jay. Sorry I can't make it.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California