Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Internet Time Archives Keepers
Tuesday, November 23, 2004
I spent the better part of the day learning to use QuickBooks and dumping the year's data into its maw, something I should have done long ago. It makes one feel more like a pro than my former reporting system; that was made up of Excel spreads, Post-It notes, and selected emails. Learning was going fine until I needed to erase a few duplicate transactions. Trying to stay with the metaphor, I looked for an official way to erase mistakes. Ninety minutes later I found that Intuit had jumped out of the metaphor itself. The Delete function is listed on the Edit menu.

Having fried my brain toting up receipts for every airport lunch consumed this year and similar trivia, I turned to a project I've had rolling around in the back of my head for some time: harvesting and posting the best of my blog content. It's a work in progress. I'm populating pages on twenty different topics with white papers, links, hints, presentations, and whatever else seems useful.

Take a look here if you are curious or would like to help out.



At first I called this "Internet Time Archives," but then realized that could be confused with traditional blog archives. Hence, I call this new section "Keepers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California