Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Reflection
Monday, December 13, 2004
Over the coming year, I will be conducting a deep-dive exploration of informal learning. As you might expect, I am my own best study subject. I'm always available, I'm motivated, and I own the only head I can inspect from the inside.

I just awoke from a 14-hour sleep, in part because I hadn't slept at all on the flight home from Hannover yesterday but more importantly because there's nothing more comfortable than one's own bed. I haven't listened to two weeks of phone messages yet; in fact, the phone here is turned off. I haven't read email since returning. I'm easing back into routines. Because I think reflection is a vital part of learning, if not the vital aspect of learning, I want to reflect for a while before getting back into the buzz-buzz-buzz trivia and soundbites of day-to-day reality.

Naturally, since human relationships are paramount, I'll reach out to you as I reflect internally. Question: What sort of automobile is this? Answer.

Trying to break free of its roots, Volkswagen has purchased Bentley, Bugatti, and Lamborghini, among others, and opened sort of an auto theme park, the AutoStadt, on the grounds of the world's largest automobile factory. Some wonderful cars are on display in the AutoStadt history museum.







This is the lion of Braunschweig, the medieval city where my wife Uta was born. Braunschweig hit the big time when Heinrich der Löwe (Henry the Lion) took up residence in the mid-12th century. The city is chock full of half-timbered houses. Alas, almost all of the "historic" buildings of Braunschweig are reproductions. Old Braunschweig burned to the ground in October 1944 after an Allied bombing.

Eating is high on the Christmasmarkt agenda.


One final quiz question. What do you think this is? Answer.














Porsche. This is one of Dr. Ferdinand Porsche's prototypes of the People's Car. Here are the prototypes that did not make the cut:



Return














An indulgence. A 1500s amnesty from damnation. This form of bribery lit Martin Luther's fuse, causing him to post the famous 95 theses here in Wittenberg:




Saxony


P.S.
Flickr is great. It makes it easy to post photos and annotate them. Others can comment. And it's free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California