Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



What is this?
Saturday, January 22, 2005
Every Christmas, my brother and I exchange mystery gifts. This year I received this:

P6300121

An aspargus steamer? No, aspargus spears should be horizontal, not standing up. I don't know. I turned to the clue on the back of his Christmas card: "Might come in handy at a hillbilly barbecue."

Hmmm. Maybe you stick a squirrel in it for roasting? No, I don't think so. I am stumped. If you know what this is, please leave a comment below.

4 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Perhaps a device for up-ending almost empty bottles of shampoo, moisturizer etc so the last few drops can be extracted? I have been looking for such a device...maybe that's what this is.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Harold Jarche said...

We have a German asparagus steamer, and they are steamed vertically. I think you were right the first time!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Sabine said...

Without knowing the dimensions, I'd guess it was for holding a beer can (full) + chicken (hollow) together and upright for that special barbecue recipe that was making the rounds last year.

11:46 AM  
Blogger jay said...

I called my brother this evening. Sabine is right on target! It's a gizmo for marinating a chicken in beer. He found it when we were back in Hope, Arkansas, for a family meeting last year.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California