Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Putting a Value on Learning
Friday, March 18, 2005


The title of my next presentation was Decision-Making Memes: Putting a Value on Learning. I explained that while I've been in the training business for nearly 30 years, before that I was a mainframe salesman, Army officer, and Harvard MBA student. I'm a business guy. I understand how business people make decisions. ROI doesn't have a heck of a lot to do with it.

I'm not going to recount the story here. Later I'll put it on the web in narrated form. For now, as promised, here's the slide deck I used in my presentation.

For more on this topic, visit the Metrics Page in the KnowledgeBase here.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link for the slides seems to be wrong. Could you please check it?
TY,
Meir

11:59 PM  
Blogger Ben Watson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Ben Watson said...

Meir,

Try slide deck

http://www.internettime.com/Learning/Measurement%20Memes.swf

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we discussed ROI for our Sales/CRM training at IBM, it was in 2002. Training can increase sales (the only real measure), but so can new products, the state of the economy, the competition, and management. With that in mind, why would I do an ROI for sales training?

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California