Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Stamps.com
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
This morning I received a call from the director of customer service at Stamps.com. His PR department had pointed him to my earlier blog entry.

Stamps.com is reversing the charges on my account. They have apologized for the inconvenience.

My caller gave a reasonable explanation of what happened. Stamps.com got an overwhelming response to their campaign for their annual package. Signups got ahead of the capacity of staff to deal with them. Wait times on their customer cancellation line became lengthier and lengthier.

Were I in their shoes, I would have loosened up on the rebate rules. Eliminating the policy of stonewalling everyone with a complaint, which translates into lengthy conversations, is one way to cut that telephone wait time. I wasn't there, so perhaps there are extenuating circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California