Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Habituating to toxic shock.
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Sometimes I feel like I'm computing from an unarmored browser rumbling along a dusty road in Iraq, vulnerable to innocent looking welcome signs loaded up with bombs. Today it's Windows again.

DEFCON 5! Red alert! Dive! Dive! Incoming!

"The new worm includes an IRC backdoor for communication, as well as the ability to add or delete network shared folders, steal private information, and launch a denial-of-service attack on random targets," warns David Berlind. CNN, ABC and The New York Times were shut down by network worms yesterday.

Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. (Wu Li)

I take a deep breath. It's all just bits. The wisdom is in my head.
In this way I comfort myself.

I'm mad as hell and I'm going to continue to take it evermore.
Such is life.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. (Reinhold Niebuhr)


I can't change Microsoft.

Chop wood, carry water.

Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donald Clark said...

There is always the Mac [smile].

Cheers,
Don

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California