Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



I need a fireplug
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Five years ago, back in the heady dot.com days, Po Bronson wrote a marvellous book that told the tale of several guys developing an awesome product after being spit out by a mainstream tech firm (a la Woz at HP). Back-stabbing leads to gripping twists in the plot. Even in boom times, success does not come easy.



fireplugThe product in the book was called the Fireplug. It was in essence an instant-on connection to the net. (You could plug in to the flow of information, get it?)



As I waited five minutes for my laptop to boot up this morning, I thought "I need a fireplug." And indeed I may order a cheapo PC box for writing and connecting -- and little else. Simplicity, the ultimate sophistication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California