Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Help! I've been depersonalized
Thursday, September 22, 2005
When I fired up Firefox today, it asked who I was logging in as. I figured a new version was kicking in. Then I was ushered to the default Google start page instead of my home page. My bookmarks were gone. My extensions had disappeareed. My memorized passwords are missing. This browser is as bare as the day it was born.

Probably missing a config file, eh? I searched my hard drive for user.js. No such file.

Can anyone tell me how to put things back in order?

1 Comments:

Blogger jay said...

The latest version of FIrefox fixed the problem -- that was the result of an intruder.

Fouad, I hardly know where to begin. I've been on the web since the days when NCSA Mosaic was the only browser available. I've used multiple versions of Netscape, IE, Opera, etc. Firefox is head and shoulders ahead of them all.

I keep IE around because a few sites require it, but I just about live in Firefox. Tabbed browsing, amazing extensions, fast, generally secure... It's more conservative to use Firefox than IE, since IE opens the door to many vulnerabilities.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California