Jay Cross
Jay Cross

New blog
Links & more



Subscribe with Bloglines
Enter your email address to subscribe to Internet Time Blog.



Kepler's Books RIP
Thursday, September 01, 2005
My favorite independent bookstore on the San Francisco Peninsula closed its doors today. This is sad. I spent many an hour feeding my brain at Kepler's. Not only was the selection of books deep and superb, the cafe next door was a community meeting place, a wonderful spot to watch life go by (often in a mini-skirt), and the ideal venue for sipping a glass of vino while reading your purchases from Kepler's.

For me, Menlo Park has lost its anchor. This is simply tragic.

keplerDear Friend of Kepler’s,

After 50 years of bookselling in Menlo Park, Kepler’s is going out of business. The decision to close our doors has been one of the most difficult in my life. As much as we love what we do and would like to continue another 50 years, we simply cannot. The economic downturn since 2001 has proven to be more than we can rebound from.

I want to share my sorrow with this ending. Kepler’s has enjoyed the support of this community from our inception in the 1950s, through both turbulent and joyful times. I feel blessed to have personally served as this community’s bookseller for 26 of those years.

In today’s political and social climate I would like to be there with you and for you, providing books and writers with varied ideas and provocative opinions, but the constancy of change will not allow it. So, I want to express my heart felt gratitude and appreciation for your support over the years. It has been wonderful.

Sincerely,

Clark Kepler


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Us | Contact Us | Home |


Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2005, Internet Time Group, Berkeley, California